Serves 4 (serving size: 6 zucchini fries and 2 tablespoons sauce)
– 1/3 cup finely shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
– 1/3 cup panko
– 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
– 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
– 1 large egg, beaten
– 3 small zucchini
– Cooking spray
– 1/2 cup tomato-basil pasta sauce
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl. Place egg in a separate bowl. Both bowls should be rather shallow.
3. Trim ends from zucchini. Cut each zucchini in half crosswise. Quarter each zucchini half lengthwise to make 24 zucchini sticks. Dip zucchini in egg and dredge in panko mixture–pressing to coat. Place zucchini on a baking sheet that’s been coated with cooking spray. Coat tops of zucchini with cooking spray.
4. Bake at 450° for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately with pasta sauce.
These delicious fries are less than 100 calories per serving, so indulge & enjoy!